Creating A Custom Mail Piece: A Guide01.31.2019
At Yellow Letters Complete, we offer several proven templates to use for your campaign. But what if you have something else in mind? No problem! We will work with you to create a custom mail piece to fit your campaign. From custom messages to custom graphics, we have you covered.
So how can you begin to start designing your custom mail piece? Follow the guide below to make sure your mail piece stands out from the crowd!
In order to maintain the attention of your readers, your message must be engaging. Make sure your message includes the following:
- Short and clear verbiage. Avoid long messages that clutter the mail piece with irrelevant information
- The benefits. Share how your clients will benefit from contacting you.
- The offer. Make sure your clients know why they should call you instead of someone else.
- The call to action. You should remind your clients to contact you and give clear contact information for them to follow.
Your layout should be clear and easy to navigate. To maintain a good structure for your mail piece, be sure to include the following:
- A clear headline, if you choose to include one. You want on distinct central message, so avoid long or complex headlines.
- Easy to locate contact information. Your name, phone number, etc. should all be easy to find on your mail piece.
- A structured body for your message. Designate an area on your mail piece for your message to avoid adding clutter and distracting your reader.
To stand out and get noticed, your mail piece should have a pleasant or striking appearance. This may include:
- Graphics that support your message. Make sure the picture reinforces your message and does not distract your readers.
- Your company name and logo. This can give your mail piece a more professional or credible appearance
- Color choices. Colors can be used to catch your audience’s attention and guide reactions. You can also use colors to match the season or your logo. You can choose the color or your envelope, paper, and ink!
Never underestimate the power of presentation. Even if your mail piece excels in one area, it won’t leave an impact if the other areas fall flat. Use all three categories to build an engaging custom mail piece and get your phone ringing!