Creating a custom mail piece can help your mail piece stand out, and mailing it in a hand addressed envelope will give it a personal touch. Getting YOUR message across is important, but you also need to make sure you are presenting it correctly. Here are a few tips to keep in mind when creating your own mail piece:
- STRIKING HEADLINE – You want one distinct central message.
- Graphics that support your message – Use graphics that reinforce your message. Don’t confuse this with a pretty picture that has absolutely nothing to do with your message.
- Color Choice! – Use bright colors to catch your audience’s attention and get them to read your message. Using different colors can offer different benefits, such as helping guide reactions, reflecting a season or holiday, or simply matching your logo.
- BENEFITS, not features – Example: Don’t assume your leads will know what benefit can come from a lower interest rate on their mortgage; instead, tell them their monthly payments will go down.
- The offer! – Make sure your potential clients know why they should be calling you instead of someone else. Keep your offer short, clear, and easy to understand.
- Your company name and logo – Include your company name and logo on color letterhead in order to give your mail piece a professional appearance. However, make sure you don’t overwhelm your audience with it. They want to know what you can do FOR them, not who you are.
- Call to Action – Tell them what you want them to do! “Call Now!” and “Email me at: email@example.com” are easy ways to get your leads to contact you.
- Contact Info – Make sure to keep your contact information, such as your name and phone number, in an easily located space on your mail piece. Your leads should be able to identify your contact information quickly.
- “The Glance Test” – Would YOU read it or throw it away? Use your judgement here!
At Yellow Letters Complete, we’re here to help your mail piece get results. Never underestimate the power of presentation; it can take a good message and make it great. By following these simple tips, your mail piece can stand out and get read.
Looking for an added boost? Send your mail piece in a hand addressed envelope. A hand addressed envelope provides a personal, unique touch so your message gets opened! By pairing your custom mail piece with our hand addressed envelope, you can create the perfect dynamic to keep your phone ringing!